Studies have linked eating breakfast with good health since those who skip their meals in the morning were five times more likely to be obese. Meanwhile, those who do eat breakfast do not suffer as much. As a result, skipping breakfast has also been associated with other sicknesses. These include cardiovascular disease, insulin insensitivity and type 2 diabetes.
However, some studies are not aligned with these statements. Recent studies claim that neither eating nor skipping breakfast affect weight or health. It is not the breakfast that make people healthier. But in most cases, healthier habits are developed by those who take time to have meals in the morning. In addition, they have lesser diseases and better health. Therefore healthy breakfast smoothies can help your body replenish in the morning.
How Will Healthy Breakfast Smoothies Help Me?
Regardless of what studies may say, one thing is certain for sure. Your body needs to replenish its energy every morning. You’ll get that fuel from having a good breakfast, and one way to do this is through healthy breakfast smoothies.
How can we prepare healthy, simple breakfast recipes? Taking the time to make your own healthy breakfast smoothies? But this is easier said than done. Furthermore, what if we need to hurry every morning?
These healthy smoothie recipes can be prepared with the Hurom slow juicer. Get all the nutrients you need to start your day with. The preparation time with these healthy breakfast smoothies won’t take long.
Hazelnut Banana Milk
- 1 pc banana
- 300 ml milk
- 20g toasted hazelnuts
- 20g cashew
Peel the banana, and then slice it into pieces. Place it on the bowl of milk. Toast the hazelnuts in a pan, then wait for five minutes.
Pour the bowl of milk with bananas into the juicer, and then add the hazelnuts and cashew in small amounts. Then run the juicer. Wait until all ingredients are mixed, then pour the completed juice in a cup.
- Calories: 414kcal
- Nutrition: Protein 18.5g, lipid 17.4g, calcium, iron,vitamin E
- Benefits: Lowers cholesterol, brain development
- Banana: good source of vitamin B6, manganese, vitamin C, potassium, biotin and copper.
- Milk: (300 ml) glass of milk. Contains protein, calcium, iodine, potassium, phosphorous, vitamins B2 and B1
- Hazelnut: protein, fat, fiber, manganese, copper and vitamin E
- Cashew: Contains vitamins E, K and B6. It has minerals like copper, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium, iron and selenium
Looking for the complete list of nutrient quantities in one medium sized banana? Then click here
Looking for a detailed chart and information on nutrients you can get in a glass of milk? Then click here.
Detailed information of what 20g hazelnuts will give you.
Detailed information for 20g cashew.
Blueberry Potato Almond Milk
- Blueberry 120g
- Milk 300ml
- Almond 20g
- Boiled potato 100g
Chop the boiled potatoes in cubes, and then add blueberries to the juicer. Add the ingredients in this order: milk, boiled potaoes and almonds. Then run the juicer. Wait until all ingredients are fully mixed, then pour the smoothie in a glass.
- Calories: 255kcal
- Nutrition: Protein 9.6g, lipid 12.1g, iron, Vitamin E, zinc
- Benefits: Prevents anemia, alleviates swelling/edema
- Blueberries: Source of fiber, pot assium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient
- Almonds: Biotin, Vitamin E, B2, manganese, copper, phosphorous, magnesium, fiber
- Potatoes: Vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B6, fat
Sweet Pumpkin Seed Carrot Milk
- Milk 200ml.
- Boiled pumpkin ¼.
- Carrot 1 pc.
- Pumpkin seeds 1-2 spoonful.
Chop the boiled pumpkin into cubes, and then cut the carrot into thin sticks. Add the rest of the ingredients slowly in this order: milk, boiled pumpkin, carrot and pumpkin seeds. Then run the juicer. Wait until all are well mixed, then pour into a glass.
- Calories: 316 kcal
- Nutrition: Protein 14.0g, lipid 12.1g, beta carotene, iron, zinc
- Benefits: Prevents arteriosclerosis, improves immune system, prevents anemia
- Pumpkin: Source of vitamins A, C, E, B6, niacin, thiamine, iron, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, riboflavin,potassium, copper,manganese, fiber
- Carrot: Vitamins A, K, E, potassium, zinc, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, fiber