Are there days when you’ve run out of snacks in your kitchen because you were too lazy to do some grocery shopping? I do have days when all that’s left in my refrigerator are some leftover meat and other basic ingredients that I hardly run out of like garlic, onion, cheese, catsup, etc. Today you will learn how to make pizza with tortillas.
This is not about leftover pizzas. However, this is about freshly made pizza. I’ll be sharing a way on how you can whip up a fast, easy snack from what’s ever left in your refrigerator (yesterday’s leftover meat plus some basic ingredients). Now you should go check if you have these in your kitchen and let’s see also how we can make this pizza adventure a success. This healthy tortilla pizza will surely delight you! Soon you will have one of these tortilla pizza bites.
For the pizza crust you can use any one of these:
- Tortilla wraps, or bread (any kind)
For the sauce:
- Pizza sauce, tomato sauce or tomato paste
- Other ingredients:
- Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar or any kind)
- Leftover meat (ham, bacon, ground beef, chicken)
- Mushrooms (if you have any)
- Red or green bell pepper cut in small slices (Optional)
- Onion or garlic (depends on your preference)
Procedure on how to make pizza with tortillas:
- Lay out the tortilla wraps on your baking tray.
- Spread the pizza sauce or tomato sauce on top of the wrap.
- Place your meat, mushroom, etc. evenly on top of sauce.
- Add your vegetable and onions or garlic.
- Add the cheese and cover the surface evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
If you are using unsliced bread for the pizza crust, slice the bread thinly and place it on the baking tray.
This is the result for the newly baked tortilla pizza. The thin tortilla wraps won’t be as firm as any regular pizza crust. You may fold the wrap over to keep the toppings inside which makes it less messy and easier to eat.